4/4/07

Didn't Rapunzel's hair stink?

Fairy Tales have never fascinated me. The snow whites, sleeping beauties, Cinderella's of the world fail to interest me. One reason behind it is the sense of beauty, good, bad that they portray. What is beauty..? What is it like to be beautiful?
"Beauty is skin deep" , "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" blah blah blah. I don't believe in the concept of beauty...i believe in the 'sensibility' of beauty. Yes there is a difference.
Do you like roses? And lilies..? I don't. I don't find them beautiful...i don't think roses even smell good. There...I've said it...! All along i used to think that what is it that people find so attractive about flowers..roses...? I just took their word for it and resigned myself to think that they must be beautiful ..if so many people say so..maybe it is so....but the truth is...thats not my sense of beauty...i find wild flowers that have no fragrance in them far more beautiful..all those colours...!

I once went to a hill station and my friends kept exclaiming how beautiful the sunset was and how beautiful the trees looked.....did they? To me that was not beautiful..what was beautiful was the magnitude of it all....the huge ball of fire in the never ending sky..the clouds..so so so white! Magnitude is beautiful for me...and so is a small little squirrel. Yes snakes are beautiful too...so beautiful.
When i see people who have a good face or good body...they are merely that for me..someone with a good face and a good body....thats about it. They don't interest me neither do they attract me. When i connect with someone at an emotional level, at a philosophical level, at an intellectual level... I find that person very attractive and beautiful.
You are beautiful when you can make others 'feel' beautiful........! Beautiful is an emotion for me... not a face, not the eyes, not the hair, not the figure.

No comments: