6/21/09

Letter to my father..!

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox


I fight with him. Argue. Answer back. I am rude. Inconsiderate. Rash. He is patient. Loving. Caring. He listens. Supports. Kind. My Father. My friend.

I remember my dad teaching me geography with the help of a football. He took me to a balcony and switched on the light on one side and showed me how the earth moves...and rotates and how seasons change. I've never forgotten that lesson. And many other's that were not deliberately taught but things i learnt. From him.

I know the sacrifices you've made daddy. The life of a party now sits at home and just wants his children around. We don't always oblige. Running away in our own worlds, leaving you waiting for us to come back. To share. Today, i just want to let you know that, we value and understand these sacrifices and this love you shower on us. Forgive us our youth and inexperience.

FATHER & MOTHER - I couldn't have given a better name for GOD. I love you daddy...always always will.

No comments: